Frequently Asked Questions
Government Entities, Policies & Regulations
U.S. Department of Labor – Provides a variety of topics and frequently asked questions.
- How long does it take to setup the payroll? Payroll setup can be completed in five business days if all required information is included with the setup sheet.
- When do I need to have my payroll information submitted by? We request your payroll be submitted five days prior to your check date.
- How do I submit my payroll? We provide you with a data entry worksheet that can be customized to fit your needs. It can be submitted by faxing it, dropping it off or electronically via our website.
- What happens if an employee loses their check? You can issue a check from your checkbook for the net amount and provide us with the check number or we can issue a new check. You are responsible for contacting your bank for all stop payments.
- What do I need to do to setup direct deposit? We recommend that you first check with your bank on their policies and fees. We will communicate with your bank to get the actual direct deposit set up with them. All we need is a canceled check (not a deposit ticket) from each employee who would like direct deposit.
- I terminated someone and want to give them their check right away- can I do this? Yes. We can either immediately issue a check for them or provide you with the net amount of the check and you can write a check immediately from your checkbook.
- There was an error on an employee’s check, how do we correct this? We can either issue a new check and void the incorrect one or make the appropriate adjustments on their next check.
- I want to give my employees a bonus, how can I do that? You can either include this on their regular payroll check or issue them a separate check for the amount of the bonus.
- What happens if my payroll check date is on a holiday? We can process your payroll with your regular check date or you can change your check date.
- How is the payroll delivered? We can mail it to you via United States Postal Service, UPS or you can pick it up.