Broker Check

424 N. Riverfront Dr., Suite 310
Mankato, MN 56001
Phone: (507) 625-2526
Fax: (507) 388-9977

Refunds & Payments

Refund Tracker

Check the status of your refund, click a link below and follow the steps provided.

How to Make Estimated Tax Payments

Each payment of estimated tax by check or money order must be accompanied by a payment voucher, Form 1040-ES. If you made estimated tax payments last year, you should receive a copy of the Form 1040-ES in the mail unless you used a paid tax preparer. It will have payment vouchers preprinted with your name, address, and social security number. Using the preprinted vouchers will speed processing, reduce the chance of error, and help save processing costs.

If you did not pay estimated tax last year, you will have to get a copy of Form 1040-ES from the IRS. Follow the instructions in the package to make sure you use the vouchers correctly.

Use the window envelopes that came with your Form 1040-ES package. If you use your own envelopes, make sure you mail your payment vouchers to the address shown in the Form 1040-ES instructions for the place where you live.

Do not use the address shown on the Form 1040 or Form 1040A instructions.

If you file a joint return and are making joint estimated tax payments, enter the names and social security numbers of both taxpayers on the payment voucher in the same order as they will appear on the joint return.

Pay electronically using the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS)

EFTPS is a free tax payment system where you input your tax payment information electronically, online or by phone. Through EFTPS, you can schedule one-time or recurring payments for withdrawal from your checking or savings account up to 365 days in advance. You can also modify or cancel payments up to 2 business days before the scheduled withdrawal date. To use EFTPS, you must enroll. Enroll online at or call 1-800-555-4477 (for business accounts) or 1-800-316-6541 (for individual accounts) to receive an enrollment form and instructions by mail. TTY/TDD help is available by calling 1-800-733-4829. Call 1-800-244-4829 for Spanish.

Pay by Electronic Funds Withdrawal (EFW) if you are filing Form 1040 or Form 1040A electronically

If you electronically file your tax return, you can use EFW to make up to four (4) estimated tax payments. This is a free option. The payments can be withdrawn from either a checking or savings account. At the same time you file your return, you can schedule estimated tax payments for any or all of the quarters.

Check with your tax return preparer for details. Your scheduled payments will be acknowledged when you file your tax return.

Payments scheduled through EFW can be cancelled up to 8 p.m. Eastern time, 2 business days before the scheduled payment date, by contacting the U.S. Treasury Financial Agent at 1-888-353-4537.

Pay by Credit Card

You can use your American Express® card, Discover® card, MasterCard® card, or Visa® card to make estimated tax payments. Call toll-free or visit the website of either service provider listed below and follow the instructions. A convenience fee will be charged by the service provider based on the amount you are paying. Fees may vary between providers. You will be told what the fee is during the transaction and you will have the option to either continue or cancel the transaction. You can also find out what the fee will be by calling the provider’s toll-free automated customer service number or visiting the provider’s website shown below.

Official Payments Corporation
1-800-2PAY-TAXSM (1-800-272-9829)
1-877-754-4413 (Customer Service) 
Link2Gov Corporation
1-888-PAY-1040SM (1-888-729-1040)
1-888-658-5465 (Customer Service)